2. Manufacturing Industries
1. It is the second most important metallurgical industry in India.
2. It is light, resistance to corrosion, a good conductor of heat, mallable and becomes strong when it is mixed with other metals.
3. It has gained popularity as a substitute of steel, copper zink and lead.
4. There are 8 alluminium smelting plants in the country located in Orissa, West Bengal, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
5. Bauxite, the raw material used in smelters is a very bulky, dark reddish coloured rock.
Prime factors of Location of the Industry :
1. Regular supply of electricity at minimum cost.
2. Assured source of raw material.