1. Climate : Sum total of weather conditions and variations over a large area for a long period of time. The regular pattern of weather conditions of particular place.
2. Weather : It refers to the state of the atmosphere over an area at any point of time.
3. Range of temperature : Difference between the maximum & minimum recorded temperature.
4. Precipitation : The water that falls to the earth from the atmosphere in the form of rain, snow hail, dew etc.
5. Jetstream : The fast blowing air current in the upper level of atmosphere.
6. Monsoon : Monsoon refers to the seasonal reversal in the wind directions throughout the year.
7. Loo : It is a local wind which blows during the hot season in north India.
8. Cylone : An area of low pressure.
9. Tropical climate : A relatively high temperature almost throughout the year and predominantly dry winter.
10. October heat : It is the conditions of high temperature and humidity due to which the weather becomes oppressive.
11. Extreme climate : The climate in which the summer ins extremely hot and winter is quite cold.
12. Trade winds : Trade winds are those which blow steady in the same direction and on the same course.
13. Western Disturbance : Shallow cyclonic depression originating over the mediterranean sea and disturbing fineweather conditions in north western parts of India.
14. Windward side : The side of the mountain where moisture winds strike and bring heavy rain.
15. Leeward side : The side of the mountain which receives less rainfall.
16. Rain shadow : The rainless area on the leeward side.
17. Break or Brust of Monsoon : The sudden approach of the moisture ladenwinds which are associate with violent thunder the lighting.
18. Catchment areas : The area from which the river derives its water from the hills.
19. Equable climate : It is one which is neither too hot in summer nor too cold in winter. typhoon - violently revolving storm.