Democratic Politics (NTSE/Olympiad)
2. What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
Merits and Demerits of Democracy
Merits and Demerits of Democracy :
Merits or Arguments in Favour of Democracy. There is no denying the fact that most of the scholars regard democracy as the best of governments. Undoubtedly, democracy has many merits which deserve our special attention.
1. Democracy is better than any other form of governments because it presents to the needs of the people. It does not depend on the whims of the ruler or the dictator. In simple words, we can say that democracy is for the people. It is an accountable form of government.
2. Democracy is based on consultation and discussion as such many mistakes are corrected in time. Thus democracy improves the quality of decision making.
3. Democracy provides peaceful solution to every problem. It provides the best method of dealing with differences and conflicts. It suits the needs of many countries like India with diversity of languages, religions, castes and creeds. Discussion leads to solution of every problem so it keeps our country united.
4. Democracy is based on political equality which ensures equal rights both for the rich and the poor, the educated and the uneducated. Thus in a way, democracy enhances the dignity of every citizen.
5. It is only in democracy that mistakes are admitted and all attempts are made to correct these mistakes. If mistakes are made, it is only in democracy that they are admitted and then corrected. In democracy, thus, there is a room for correction.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.