2. Food Security In India
Why food security ?
The poorest section of the society might be food insecure most of the times while persons above the poverty line might also be food insecure when the country faces a national disaster/calamity like earthquake, tsunami, drought etc.
How is food security affected during a calamity ?
1. Due to a natural calamity, say drought, total production of food, grains decreases.
2. It create a shortage of food in a affected areas.
3. Due to shortage of food, the prices go up.
4. At the high prices, some people cannot afford to buy food.
If such calamity (Drought) happens in a very wide area or is stretched over a longer time period, it may cause a situation of starvation. A massive starvation might take a turn of famine.
Features of famine :
1. Wide spread deaths due to starvation.
2. Epidemics caused by forced use of contaminated water or decaying food.
3. Loss of the body resistance due to weakening from starvation.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.