4. Globalisation and the Indian Economy
Glossary (Globalisation and the Indian Economy)
1. Globalisation : It means free interaction of an economy with the economies of the rest of the world.
2. Liberalisation : Liberalisation of the economy means to free it from direct or physical controls imposed by the government.
3. Privatisation : It means allowing the private sector to set up industries which were earlier reserved for the public sector.
4. MNC : It is a company that owns or controls production in more than one country.
5. Investment : The money that is spent to buy assets such as land, building, machines and other equipment is called investment.
6. Foreign investment : Investment made by MNCs is called foreign investment.
7. Fair Globalisation : It refers to globalisation which creates opportunities for all and ensures that its benefits are better shared.
8. WTO : It is an organization which is in favour of increasing the world trade through globalization.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.