1. The Story Of Village Palampur
Limitation of green Revolution
5. Who will provide the labour ?
Farming requires a great deal of hard work. Small farmers along with their families cultivate their own fields. Thus, they provide the labour required for farming themselves. Medium and large farmers hire farm labourers to work on their field.
Characteristics of rural labour :
1. Farm labourers come either from landless families cultivating small piece of land.
2. They are paid very low wages or sometime in kind.
3. Wages of workers very widely from region to region and from crop to crop.
4. There is a wide variation in the duration of employment.
6. The capital needed in farming :
1. Most of the small farmers borrow money from money lenders or traders to arrange capital.
2. The money lenders and traders to charge a high rate of interest from the farmers.
3. Medium and large farmers have their own savings from the farming.
4. They also get loan from the banks.
7. Sale of surplus from Products :
1. Medium and large farmers supply wheat to the market.
2. The traders at the market buy the wheat and sell it further to shopkeepers in the town and cities.
3. Farmers used the savings to arrange for the working capital for farming in the next season.
4. A part of the earning is saved and kept for buying capital for the next season.
5. Some farmers might also use the savings to buy cattle, trucks, or to setup shop.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.