2. Food Security In India
Green Revolution And Production Of More Food Grains
Green Revolution means revolution in the field of agriculture production by introducing the various technological and institutional reforms and also by bringing new tracts of wasteland under cultivation.
To meet this situation, the government took up many schemes for the improvement of agriculture :
1. Agriculture was given top priority in the First Five - Year Plan.
2. Several schemes for irrigation were undertaken and arid and semi-arid areas were brought under cultivation.
3. New and scientific methods of farming were adopted.
4. Few high-yielding varieties of seeds were developed.
5. Farmers were also encouraged to use manures and a break-through was made in the sixties and India saw a boom in agriculture.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.