2. People As Resources
Strategies To Reduce Unemployment
(A) Rural works Programme :
1. Swarnjayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana (SGSY) : It is the self employment programme for the rural people. It was launched on 1 April 1999. It replaces the earlier self employment programmes.
2. Sampoorna Gramin Rozagar Yojana : It was launched on the 1st Sep - 2001. Jawahar Gram Samriddhi Yojana and Employment. Assurance scheme were integrated into a single yojana.
3. National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme : It was launched by Prime Minister M.M. Singh in 2007. It targets SC., ST, and poor women who suffer from poverty.
4. Skill development : With a view to impart skills through training, The Central Board of Workers’s Education (CBWE), has been created to create understanding and enthusiasm among workers for the success of industrial growth.
(B) Entrepreneurial Development :
Entrepreneur is the basic input or factor of production. Entrepreneur hires and organises other factors (land, labour and capital) for production of goods and services. So to increase the production of goods and services, Indian government has launched various schemes to promote entrepreneurship.
1. Low cost capita : The government has implemented a number of schemes for providing low cost capital to small enterprises and self employed persons.
2. Financial Institution : Financial Institutions like banks and cooperative societies have been opened to provide credit facilities at concessional rates. These measures have brought about positive result in recent years.