Democratic Politics (NTSE/Olympiad)
1. Democracy In The Contemporary World
Chief Characteristics of Democracy :
Chief Characteristics of Democracy : Democracy may be defined in any way, but these definitions do have some common features regarding democracy which may be narrated below :
1. In a democracy rulers elected by the people take all the main decisions and there is none above them to direct or guide.
2. In a democracy, elections are held regularly on the basis of universal adult franchise. These elections offer a fair opportunity to the people to change their present rulers.
3. In a democracy, all the people, without any distinction of caste, creed, colour or sex, are given this choice and opportunity on a equal basis.
4. In a democracy, the exercise of their choice of electing their rulers leads to a government limited by the rules of the Constitution and citizens’ rights.