Democratic Politics (NTSE/Olympiad)
2. What is Democracy? Why Democracy?
Glossary What is Democracy ? Why Democracy ?
1. Dictatorship : In it all the powers are in the hands of a single individual or a small group of individual and the dictator is not answerable to any body.
2. Democracy : It is a form of government in which the ruling power is vested in the hands of the people and the government is answerable to the people who can change it through constitutional means.
3. Communist State : A state run by the communist Party without allowing other parties to fight elections.
4. Coalition : A combination of parties to share power in the government.
5. Political Prisoners : Prisoners held in prison or detained for opposing the government.
6. Dictator : Head of the state who arbitrarily rules the country.
7. Constitution : Rules of laws according to which the government of the state runs.