1. Minerals and Energy Resources
Advantages of Natural gas :
1. It can be used both as source of energy and also as an industrial raw material in petro-chemical industry.
2. Natural gas is found in association with or without petroleum.
3. It takes less time to build a power plant based on natural gas.
4. It is easy to transport gas through gas pipes line.
5. It is considered an environment friendly fuel because of low carbondioxide emissions.
6. It is the fuel for the present century.
In the Krishna-Godavari basin, the reserves of Mumbai high and allied fields are supplemented by finds in the Gulf of Cambay. Andaman and Nicobar islands are also important area having large reserves of natural gas.
Gas Pipe Lines :
1700 km long Hazira - Bijapur - Jagdishpur cross country gas pipe line links Mumbai-high and Bassin with fertilizer, power and industrial complexes in Western and Northern India.