2. Manufacturing Industries
1. It is essential for all construction activities.
2. It earns valuable foreign exchange.
3. Indian cement export in Bangladesh, Indonesia, Malaysia, Nepal, Middle East and Affrica.
4. It requires bulky and heavy raw materials like lime stone, silica, alumina and gypsum, coal and electric power.
5. The first cement plant was setup in chennai in 1904. Decontrol of price and distribution since 1989 and other policy reforms let to the cement Industry to make rapid strides in capacity. process, technology and production.
6. There are 128 large plants and 332 minicement plants in the country.
7. Efforts are being made to generate adequate domestic demand and supply in order to sustain this industry.