Process Of Population Change
There are three main processes of change of population, birth rates, death rates and migration.
Birth rate : It is the number of live births per thousand person in a year.
Death rate : It is the number of deaths per thousand persons in a year.
Migration : It is the movement of people across regions and territories. Migration can be internal (with in the country) or international (between the countries).
Internal Migration : It is that under which people move from one part of the country to other.
Reasons of Internal Migration :
1. Rising population in rural areas.
2. Lack of demand for labour in agriculture.
3. Increased employment opportunities, better education and living standards in Urban areas.
4. Expansion of industrial and service sectors in Urban areas.
International migration : Movement of people from one country to another is known as international migration.
Causes of Rapid growth of Population :
1. High Birth Rate 2. Decline in Death Rate 3. Child Marriage
4. Poverty 5. Marriage as a Necessity 6. Illiteracy