1. Indian Size & Location
1. Equator : It is an imaginary line which divides the earth into two equal hemisphere-Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere.
2. Prime Meridian : It is the main meridian which passes through Greenwich, near London. It is meridian from which longitude is measured.
3. Latitude : It is the distance of a place from the equator in the northern or the southern direction.
4. Longitude : It is the distance of place from the Prime Meridian in the eastern or the western direction.
5. Sub continent : A big geographical unit which stands out distinctly from the rest of the continent.
6. Tropic of Cancer : An imaginary line which runs parallel to the equator in the northern hemisphere of 23½ N Latitude.
7. Standard Meridian of India : The meridian of 82º30’ E whose local time serves as the standard time for the whole country.
8. Local Time : Time of a place determined by the mid day sun.
9. Standard Time : The local time taken as the time for the whole country.
10. Indian Union : Federation of India comprised of 28 states and 7 union Territories.
11. Indian mainland : The stretch of continuous landmass extending from Jammu and Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh.
12. Peninsula : A land mass bounded by the sea on three sides.