2. Manufacturing Industries
Agro Based Industries
Agro Based Industries Textile Industry :
1. It adds about 14 % to the industrial production and about 4 % to the GDP.
2. It provides employment to about 35 million person. Together with allied agriculture sector, it provides employment to over 90 million people.
3. It is the only industry which is self-relient from raw material to the highest value added product. Cotton Textiles :
1. In ancient India, cotton textile were produced with hand spinning and hand loom weaving teachniques.
2. Today there are nearly 1600 cotton and human made fibre textile mills in the country. There are several thousands small factories with 4 to 10 looms.