2. Natural Vegetation & Wild Life
Importance Of Forests
1. Forests are renewable resources and play a major role in enhancing the quality of environment.
2. They modify local climate, control soil erosion, regulate stream flow, support a variety of industries, provide livelihood for many community and offer panoramic or scenic view for recreation.
3. It control wind force and temperature and cause rainfall.
4. It provides humus to the soil and shelter to the wild life.
Ecosystem : All the plants and animals in an area are interdependent and inter related to each other in their physical environment, thus forming an ecosystem.
Biome : A very large ecosystem on land having distinct types of vegetation and animal life is called a biome.