1. India is the largest producer of fruits and vegetables in the world.
2. India is the producer of tropical as well as temperate fruits.
3. Mangoes are found in Andhra Pradesh, West Bengal and U.P.
4. Oranges in Nagpur and Cherrapunji (Meghalaya).
5. Bananas in Kerala, Mizoram, Tamil Nadu and Maharastra.
6. Lichi and Guava in U.P. and Bihar.
7. Pineapples in Meghalaya.
8. Grapes in Andhra Pradesh and Maharastra.
9. Apples, Pears, Apricots and Walnuts in Jammu & Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh.
10. India produces 13 % of the world’s vegetable. It is an important producer of pea, onion, cabbage and cauliflower.