1. The cell
Golgi Complex :
Golgi Complex : Introduction :
• Golgi bodies are absent in prokaryotic cells. Golgi complex is found in all eukaryotic cells except RBCs. Historical Account :
• Camillo Golgi
(1898), a zoologist, observed Golgi bodies in the form of a network in nerve cells of barn owl. Ultrastructure :
• It is also called Golgi complex
or Golgi apparatus
(in plants cell).
• It is made up of cisternae.
• Golgi bodies are interconnected with the tubules. Functions of Golgi Apparatus :
• The main function of Golgi apparatus is secretory.
• It produces vacuoles or secretory vesicles which contain cellular secretions like enzymes, proteins, cellulose etc.
• Golgi apparatus is also involved in the synthesis of cell wall, plasma membrane and lysosomes.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.