1. The cell
• Lysosomes are generally found in the cytoplasm of animal cells. Lysosomes exhibit polymorphism.
Historical Account :
• The term lysosome was introduced by De Duve in 1955.
• It is also called demolition squads, scavengers, cellular house keepers and suicidal bags.
• Lysosome are simple tiny spherical sac like structures evenly distributed in the cytoplasm.
• Lysosome is small vesicle surrounded by a single membrane and contains powerful enzymes.
Functions of Lysosomes :
• Lysosomes serve as interacellular digestive system, hence called digestive bags.
• Lysosomes also remove the worn out and poorly working cellular organelles by digesting them to make way for their new replacement.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.