Role Of Rivers In The Economy
1. Development of Civilization : Rivers have played role in the development of civilisation most of the ancient civilisation like Indus, Aztec etc developed around the river.
2. Development for Agriculture : Rivers and their associated alluvial soils provide the most productive agricultural lands of the country.
3. Settlement : Most of the large cities are located on the banks of a river. Not only do river provide water supplies but also they provide transportation.
4. Industrial development : It has flourished along rivers in many industrial as a coolant and for the generation of hydro electricity.
5. Means of transportation : Rivers provide primary channel of inland transportation.