Role Of Rivers In The Economy
1. Development of Civilization : Rivers have played role in the development of civilisation most of the ancient civilisation like Indus, Aztec etc developed around the river.
2. Development for Agriculture : Rivers and their associated alluvial soils provide the most productive agricultural lands of the country.
3. Settlement : Most of the large cities are located on the banks of a river. Not only do river provide water supplies but also they provide transportation.
4. Industrial development : It has flourished along rivers in many industrial as a coolant and for the generation of hydro electricity.
5. Means of transportation : Rivers provide primary channel of inland transportation.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.