Adolescents are generally grouped in the age group of 10-19 years,. It constitutes one fifth of the total population of India. They are the most important resources for the future. Nutrition requirements of adolescents are higher than those of a normal child or adult. Poor nutrition can lead to deficiency and stunted growth. A large number of adolescent girls suffer from anaemia. The adolescent girls have to be sensitised can be improved through the spread of literacy and education among them.
National Population Policy :
1. The government of India initiated the comprehensive family planning programme in 1952.
2. The family welfare programme has sought to promote responsible and planned parenthood on a voluntary basis.
3. The national population policy 2000 is a culmination of years of planned efforts.
Family welfare programme :
1. Provides free and compulsory school education up to 14 years.
2. Reducing infant mortality rate to below 30 per thousand live births.
3. Promoting delayed marriage for girls.
4. Achieving universal immunisation of children against all vaccine preventable disease.
5. Making family welfare a people centred programme.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.