3. Liflines of National Economy
Importance of Water ways :
1. It is most suitable for carrying heavy and bulky goods.
2. It is a fuel efficient and environment friendly mode of transport.
3. The element of wear and tear is very less.
4. More than 95 % of the country’s trade volume is moved by the sea.
5. With the development of National Waterways it has become main source of transportation for the natural trade.
National water ways :
1. The Ganga river, between Allahabad and Haldia (1620 km)
2. The Brahmputra river, between Sadiya and Dhubri. (891 km).
3. The West-Coast canal, between Kollam and Kottayam in Kerala. (168 km)
4. The Champakara canal (14 km) and Udyogmandal canal in Kerala (22 km)
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.