2. Manufacturing Industries
1. It is the second most important metallurgical industry in India.
2. It is light, resistance to corrosion, a good conductor of heat, mallable and becomes strong when it is mixed with other metals.
3. It has gained popularity as a substitute of steel, copper zink and lead.
4. There are 8 alluminium smelting plants in the country located in Orissa, West Bengal, Kerala, Uttar Pradesh, Chattisgarh, Maharashtra and Tamil Nadu.
5. Bauxite, the raw material used in smelters is a very bulky, dark reddish coloured rock.
Prime factors of Location of the Industry :
1. Regular supply of electricity at minimum cost.
2. Assured source of raw material.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.