The term agriculture is derived from two latin words, ager meaning land and cultur meaning cultivation.
In modern days agriculture also includes Animal Husbandry, Forestry and Pisiculture.
The art and science of cultivating soil, raising crops and rearing livestock including fishing and forest.
Importance of Agriculture :
1. Two thirds of the population is dependent on agriculture.
2. It generates large scale employment.
3. It provides raw materials to many agrobased industries.
4. Export of agricultural products earns valuable foreign exchange.
5. It contributes to 26 % of GDP.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.