1. It is an important beverage crop introduced in India initially by the British.
2. Tea is a labour-intensive industry.
3. It requires abundant, cheap and skilled labour.
4. Tea is processed within the tea garden to restore its freshness.
5. India is the leading producer as well as exporter of tea in the world.
Geographical Requirements :
1. Temperature :
1. Tropical and sub tropical climate.
2. Warm and moist frost free climate all throughout the year.
3. 20ºC to 35ºC but 25ºC is ideal temp.
2. Rainfall :
1. Heavy rainfall
2. 150 cm – 250 cm
3. The rainfall should be distributed throughout the year.
3. Soil :
1. Light loamy soil
2. Rich in humus and iron content
3. Frequent use of chemical fertilizers and manure is essential.
4. Area of Production :
Assam, hills of Darjeeling and Jalpaiguri, West Bengal, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Himachal Pradesh, Uttaranchal, Meghalaya, Andhra Pradesh and Tripura.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.