1. Perennial Rivers : These are the rivers which flow through out the year as they get water from the rainfall as well as melting of ice.
2. Lagoon : A part of the sea near the land which has been cut off from the open sea at low tide.
3. River basin : The area drained by a single river system is called a river basin.
4. Drainage : A system of flowing water from the higher level to the lower level.
5. Water shed : The upland or a mountain which separates two adjoining drainage basin is known as water shed or water divide.
6. Gorge : A deep narrow opening formed by the river in the upper course.
7. Lake : A body of water lying on a hollow on the earth’s surface and being entirely surrounded by land is known as a lake.
8. Inland drainage : A drainage system in which rivers do not reach on ocean but empty their water into a lake is called inland drainage.
9. Tributary : A tributary is that river which joins the main river and increases the volume of water.
10. Distributary : A distributary is that river which originates from a main river. It is formed near the mouth of river before it falls into the sea. It is found in the lower course of the river.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.