1. Minerals and Energy Resources
Glossary (Minerals and Energy Resources)
1. Mineral : A substance which is found in the earth’s crust and which generally has a definite chemical composition.
2. Mineral Ore : It is the raw material extracted from the earth mixed with soil and other impurities.
3. Mining : It is an economic activity of extracting minerals from the earth.
4. Fossil-Fuels : There are fuels formed by the decomposition of organism under the earth or sea bed.
5. Non ferrous minerals : Minerals devoid of iron contents are termed as non ferrous minerals. e.g. Zinc, lead.
6. Ferrous Minerals : There are metals which contain Iron. e.g. Iron and Manganese ore.
7. Thermal electricity : The electricity produced by using coal, petroleum, atomic minerals.
8. Hydro electricity : The electricity generated by water.
9. Conventional resources : These are non renewable sources of energy. e.g. coal.
10. Non-Conventional resources : There are renewable sources of energy. e.g. solar energy.
11. Galena : It is an Ore of Lead.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.