1. Indian Size & Location
1. Equator : It is an imaginary line which divides the earth into two equal hemisphere-Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere.
2. Prime Meridian : It is the main meridian which passes through Greenwich, near London. It is meridian from which longitude is measured.
3. Latitude : It is the distance of a place from the equator in the northern or the southern direction.
4. Longitude : It is the distance of place from the Prime Meridian in the eastern or the western direction.
5. Sub continent : A big geographical unit which stands out distinctly from the rest of the continent.
6. Tropic of Cancer : An imaginary line which runs parallel to the equator in the northern hemisphere of 23½ N Latitude.
7. Standard Meridian of India : The meridian of 82º30’ E whose local time serves as the standard time for the whole country.
8. Local Time : Time of a place determined by the mid day sun.
9. Standard Time : The local time taken as the time for the whole country.
10. Indian Union : Federation of India comprised of 28 states and 7 union Territories.
11. Indian mainland : The stretch of continuous landmass extending from Jammu and Kashmir to Kanyakumari and from Gujarat to Arunachal Pradesh.
12. Peninsula : A land mass bounded by the sea on three sides.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.