2. Socialism In Europe & The Russian Revolution
Social Movement Between 1905-1907
The condition of the common people in Russia was miserable. As discussed above common people were living in terrible poverty whereas wealthy and noble class lived a life of luxury. So worker decided to launch a mass movement.
Main Aims of the Bolsheviks :
1. The party wanted to uproot the autocratic and corrupt Tzarist rule.
2. To end the repression of non-Russian nationalities and granting them the right of self-determination.
3. To introduce eight-hour working day in the factories.
4. To abolish feudal oppression of the peasants.
5. To follow the principle of equality in land distribution.
Russo-Japanese War and its Impact : In 1904 a war had broken out between Russia and Japan. The Russian army was defeated in the war. This terrible and humiliating defeat served a fatal blow to the honour and prestige of Russia. Anti-Czar feelings began to rise among the masses and the people got themselves prepared to uproot the autocratic and corrupt Tzarist government which was responsible for poor economic condition.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.