5. Clothing : A Social History
Glossary - Clothing : A Social History
1. Cockade : Cap usually worn on one side.
2. Ermine : Type of fur
3. Corset : A stiff inner bodice worn by women to give shape and support to the figure.
4. Suffrage : The right to vote.
5. Busk : A strip of material either of wood, whalebone or steel in front of the corset to stiffen and support it.
6. Pabulum : Anything that is essential to maintain life and growth.
7. Chintz : Cotton cloth printed with designs and flowers.
8. Peta : The Mysore turban which was edged with gold lace and part of the Durbar dress of the Mysore court in the 19th century.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.