2. Pastoralists in the Modern World
Glossary - Pastoralists in the Modern World
1. Nomads : Nomads are those people who do not live in one place but move from one area to another to earn their living.
2. Bhabar : A dry forested area below the foot hills of garhwal and kumaun.
3. Bugyai : Vast meadows in the high mountains.
4. Kharif : The autumn crop, usually harvested between September and October.
5. Rabi : The spring crop, usually havested after March.
6. Stubble : Lower ends of grain stalks left in the ground after harvesting.
7. Pasture : It is a grass or other plants grown for feeding or grazing animals, as well as land used for grazing.
8. Massai : A postoralist community of Africa.
9. Criminal Tribes Act : In 1871, the colonial government in India passed the Criminal Tribes Act. By this Act many communities of craftsmen, traders and postoralists were classified as criminal Tribes.
10. Customary Rights : Rights that people are used to by custom and tradition.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.