2. The Age of Industrialisation
Important Terms of Industrialisation
1. Spinning Jenny-devised James Hargreaves in 1764.
2. Building activities intensified in the cities after 1840.
3. Place goods accounted for 33 % of Indian’s export in 1811-12.
4. India’s export reduced by 1950-51
5. Cotton piece goods constituted over 31 % by 1850.
6. The first cotton mill in Bombay come up in 1854.
7. Four mills were at work by 1862.
8. The first Jute Mill set up in Bengal in 1855.
9. The Elgin Mill was started in Kanpur in 1860.
10. The first cotton mill of Ahemdabad was set up by 1874.
11. There were 2,436,000 workers in Indian factories by 1946.
12. Cotton piece goods production in India doubled between 1910-12.
13. Handloom production almost trebling between 1900 and 1940.
If you want to give information about online courses to other students, then share it with more and more on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus. The more the shares will be, the more students will benefit. The share buttons are given below for your convenience.